LISTEN AND REPEAT – SŁUCHAJ I POWTARZAJ
SYMPTOMS – OBJAWY
- show symptoms / display symptoms – wykazywać objawy
- stroke- wylew/ heart attack – atak serca / chest pains- bóle w klatce piersiowej
- do / make / perform CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation) – reanimować / wykonywać resuscytację
The passenger has had a stroke, so we request medical services on arrival.
We are asking if there is any medical personnel on board as we seem to have the passenger with the heart attack. His wife reports that he has had cardiovascular problems for years. The doctor is performing CPR.
- (acute) allergic reaction to … – ostra reakcja alergiczna na …
We are having the passenger with acute allergic reaction.
The underage passenger is allergic to the food he has eaten but he doesn’t have any medicaments.
- diarrhea – biegunka/ vomitting – wymioty / soaring temperature- gwałtownie rosnąca temperatura
We have the clear case of food poisoning: some passengers are suffering from diarrhea. We have a few cases of vomiting. Some passengers' temperature is soaring!
- unconscious – nieprzytomny / treat the passenger – udzielić pomocy pasażerowi
The child is unconscious so we need to divert immediately. Cabin crew is not able to treat the passenger by themselves on board.
- breathing problems / respiratory problems – problemy oddechowe (breath- oddech / breathe- oddychać- uwaga na wymowę!)
The intoxicated passenger that I reported to you before is having problems breathing.
- pregnant passenger- pasażerka w ciąży / pregnancy – ciąża / labor – poród
We are worried about the pregnant passenger. We think the labor has started.
- nervous breakdown- załamanie nerwowe / panic – panika
We have the passenger with the nervous breakdown. His companion says he is very apprehensive about flying.
HUMAN BODY SYSTEMS- UKŁADY W ORGANIZMIE LUDZKIM
- cardiovascular system- układ sercowo naczyniowy
- digestive system- układ trawienny
- respiratory system- układ oddechowy
- nervous system- układ nerwowy
- get hurt- zranić się / odnieść obrażenia
- twisted ankles- skręcone kostki/ twisted wrist – skręcone nadgarstki
- fractured elbow- złamana ręka w stawie łokciowym (joint- staw)
- bleeding- krwawienie
- bruises- sińce / stłuczenia
- internal hemorraghe- krwotok wewnętrzny
As a result of the severe turbulence some passengers fell and got hurt. We have the cases of twisted ankles, wrists and fractured elbows and knees, some bleeding and minor bruises as well. One passenger hurt his stomach and the doctor that we have on board suspects internal hemorraghe.
We request the ambulance to take the passenger to the hospital.
We don’t have any medical personnel to help us with the sick passenger..
- overall condition- ogólny stan zdrowia
If the passenger’s overall condition doesn’t get better in the next couple of minutes we will need medical services on arrival, directly on the runway.
- sedative – środek uspokajający
- painkiller- środek przeciwbólowy
The passenger has taken some sedative and the painkiller and is feeling better right now. We are continuing our course. We will inform you should the need be.