- perform flight – wykonywać lot
- pilot’s health rapidly deteriorated – stand zdrowia pilota gwałtownie się pogorszył
- prompt sb to do sth – skłonić kogoś do …
- collapse = tutaj become unconscious/ lose consciousness – stracić przytomność
- show no signs of life – nie wykazywać oznak życia
- attend to … – zająć się/ otoczyć opieką
- replacement crew – załoga zastępcza/ rezerwowa
- pronounce dead – stwierdzić zgon
An Aeroflot Airbus A320-200, registration VP-BLH performing flight SU-1546 from Moscow Sheremetyevo to Anapa (Russia), was enroute at FL350 about 120nm north of Rostov on Don (Russia) when the first officer’s (49) health rapidly deteriorated prompting the captain to divert the aircraft to Rostov on Don, the first officer collapsed and did not show any sign of life anymore during the approach. The aircraft landed safely, medical services attended to the first officer but had to pronounce him dead.
The aircraft remained on the ground for about 3:15 hours, then continued the journey with a replacement crew and reached Anapa with a delay of 3 hours.
Bardziej zaawansowane przykłady zastosowania powyższych słów (ICAO5/6):
- The pilots who perform flights when they display symptoms of fatigue or illness put their own health and the fate of passengers at high risk.
- Rapid deterioration of pregnant passenger’s condition prompted the pilot to request ambulance equipped with appropriate facilities on the runway.
- The cabin crew member suffered severe bruises when hit her head against the locker during the very bumpy stage of the flight as the aircraft suddenly entered intense turbulence area.
- All health concerns reported by the passengers must be attended to with utmost care and understanding by the cabin crew.
- Although the medical personnel who was present in the cabin rushed to perform CPR on the spur of the moment, the passenger sadly passed away and was pronounced dead.
- The replacement crew was available and showed up in course of a few minutes.