Level 4 and 5
- weaker demand for … – mniejszy popyt / zainteresowanie …
- highlight decreasing demand – podkreślić / zaakcentować zmniejszający się popyt / zainteresowanie
- suspension of flights – zawieszenie lotów
- impact on demand for … – wpływ (zwykle negatywny) na popyt / zainteresowanie
- cancellations of industry events – odwołanie branżowych wydarzeń / imprez
- widespread reductions in business travel – powszechne ograniczenie podróży w celach zawodowych
International Airlines Group said that it was experiencing weaker demand in Europe, as well as Asia as a result of coronavirus, and it also highlighted decreasing demand for business travel across its entire network due to the outbreak.
The comments came as IAG reported its 2019 results, and while both British Airways and Iberia announced suspensions to mainland China in late January the holding company pointed to a broader impact on demand for flights across its network.
It pointed to the number of cancellations of industry events and corporate travel in general as a driver for a widespread reduction in business travel.
- adversely affect – mieć niekorzystny wpływ (także o pogodzie, zmęczeniu)
- earnings outlook – prognozy zysków
- currently experience demand weakness – aktualnie obserować zmniejszony popyt/ zainteresowanie
- implement cost and revenue initiatives – wprowadzać inicjatywy równoważenia kosztów i wpływów
- ongoing uncertainty – trwająca / aktualna niepewność
- give accurate profit prognosis – podać dokładne prognozy zysków
The earnings outlook is adversely affected by weaker demand as a result of coronavirus. We are currently experiencing demand weakness on Asian and European routes and a weakening of business travel across our network resulting from the cancellation of industry events and corporate travel restrictions.
“Our operating companies will continue to take mitigating actions to better match supply to demand in line with the evolving situation. Cost and revenue initiatives are being implemented across the business,” it said.
However, due to the level of ongoing uncertainty IAG said it was currently unable to give accurate profit guidance for FY 2020 at this stage.