- a massive fire broke out – ogromny pożar wybuchł
- contain the fire – opanować/ ugasić pożar
- halt operations – wstrzymać ruch/ pracę
- damage to aircraft – szkody / zniszczenia statków powietrznych
A massive fire broke out at Liege Airport, Belgium, last night in the hangar of the Aeroservices company. The blaze broke out near the airport terminal at 22:00 local time (20:00 UTC) and took approximately two hours to contain. Flight operations to and from the airport were halted for a short time. There have been no reports of damage to aircraft or injuries to personnel from the fire.
- get the fire under control – opanować pożar
- harmful fumes – szkodliwe emisje/opary/wyziewy
- resume flights – przywrócić/ ponownie uruchomić połączenia
Fire services from both the airport and the city of Liege attended the scene and managed to get the fire under control within several hours. The airport confirmed that no people had been hurt in the fire. The blaze, which could be seen from the motorway, did not generate any harmful fumes, and the hotel near the airport did not have to be evacuated. The smoke caused some problems for landing aircraft. Three planes were diverted, including an ASL Airlines Belgium flight from Berlin and a Bluebird Nordic Boeing 737-400 that departed from Vienna. Both flights were able to land safely at Brussels Airport. Flights resumed soon after the fire services had the situation under control.
- 0:42′ require quick response times – wymagać szybkiego czasu reakcji
- 0:52′ weekly drill – cotygodniowe ćwiczenia
- 1:45′ deal with the worst case scenario – radzić sobie z najgorszym możliwym scenariuszem
- 2:22′ rescue trapped passengers – ratować uwięzionych pasażerów
- 2:41′ complete the evacuation – zakończyć / przeprowadzić ewakuację