- disrupted flights- zakłócony lot/ przebieg lotu
- disruptions- zakłócenia
- disrupt to często stosowane słowo, kilka związków frazeologicznych do nauki na pamięć i wykorzystania podczas egzaminu:
- disrupt the traffic in the air
- ineffective communication may disrupt the fluency of traffic
- aggressive passenger disrupted the work of the cabin crew
- sudden and unexpected appearance of the drone disrupted operations at the airport and grounded the aircraft
- Airport chiefs apologised for the disruption to passengers
- sighting- dostrzeżenie
- busiest airport- lotnisko o największym natężeniu ruchu
Hundreds of passengers suffered disrupted journeys after sightings of a suspected drone grounded flights for around an hour at Britain’s busiest airport.
- suspend departures- zawiesić odloty
- resume departures- przywrócić odloty/ resume the traffic- przywrócić ruch
- following a short suspension- po krótkim zawieszeniu
Heathrow suspended departures after a gadget was spotted in the air near the take-off point on one of its two runways. Airport’s spokesperson said: “We continue to work closely with the Met Police to respond to reports of drones at Heathrow. Based on standard operating procedures, working with Air Traffic Control and the Met Police, we have resumed departures out of Heathrow following a short suspension.
- invest millions of pounds in equipment to prevent future flight disruption- zainwestować miliony funtów w sprzęt aby zapobiec zakłóceniom lotów w przyszłości
- at frequent intervals- z krótkimi przerwami / w krótkich odstępach
- knock-on effects- bezpośrednie następstwa/ natychmiastowe konsekwencje
The sightings came four days after both Heathrow and Gatwick reported they were investing millions of pounds in equipment to prevent future flight disruption. With planes normally taking off at frequent intervals, the disruption is likely to have knock-on effects for the rest of the evening.